Update on C.L. Wilson’s WIPsPosted
Thank you so much to everyone who has been waiting so patiently for my next book. I have been receiving many emails and messages asking for a status update, and although I have been keeping my FB friends updated, I thought I’d better post a blog and website update as well.
For those of you who may not be aware, I lost my father two years ago, and I basically stopped writing for eighteen months. When I finally got back on an even keel, I focused on getting back into the writing groove, and for the first time ever, I successfully won National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) by writing 50,000 words in one month! That 50k was new words on JAGUAR KING! YAY! So the next complete novel from me should be JAGUAR KING, and I hope to have news on that relatively soon.
I currently have several stories in progress. Though my main focus is working on JAGUAR KING, I have several other manuscripts started. The hope is that when I get stuck on one story, I can go work on a different one until I get unstuck; thereby continuing forward progress on a regular basis. That’s the hope, anyway. Fingers crossed!
So, what are the projects currently under way?
- THE JAGUAR KING – Book 3 of the Weathermages of Mystral series. I’ve received quite a lot of mail asking for an update on this. I currently have 138,000 words written, but have another 30,000-50,000 words to go before it’s done. After that I have to spend several months revising before I submit for publication. I will keep you apprised as the situation changes and will post scheduled release date as soon as I have one!
- Bel’s books – Fading Lands novel starring Belliard vel Jelani. I actually started it a few years ago and was going gangbusters but had to switch over to THE SEA KING. Frustration and delays ensued, as you all know. But I’m continuing to work on Bel’s story.
- Melliandra short story(ies)/novella – Fading Lands story(ies) featuring our favorite little Eld girl. I’m not really sure if this project will be a novella, a full length novel, or a series of short stories yet, but I’m working on it and having so much fun
- Untitled Fading Lands novel featuring the Sief of the Pale (the icy land north of the Feyls). This will either be a novella or a full length book. Not sure yet.
My BFF Karen Rose and I having a running joke. We both tend to be, uh, wordy. (I’m talking 180,000-235,000 word “bug cruncher” novels.) Then she was asked to write a novella. Her “novella” ended up being 130,000 words, which is the top end range of 400page novel. Her publisher said, “I have an idea! Write novellas from now on!” LOL. Since the last time I set out to write a novella, I kept struggling to keep it to 40,000 words (max novella length), I think we share that problem too. So, I’m hoping to write a novella, but it may end up being a full length book. Not “epic” (ie., bug cruncher length), but still full-length.
- Untitled Earth Girl Meets Alien book. As part of my grief-therapy reading binge, I started reading sci-fi romance and fell in love. I have started one of my own, which I’m really enjoying, though it will probably be self-published under a pseudonym since its much different from my other work
Leave a Reply