Lord of the Fading Lands
Book 1 of the Tairen Soul Series
Once he had scorched the world.
Once he had driven back overwhelming darkness.
Once he had loved with such passion, his name was legend. . .
Long ago, in the magical holocaust known as the Mage Wars, the immortal Fey and their allies fought to defeat the grasping evil of the Elden Mages and their dark-gifted supporters. During those wars, in a fit of grief-induced madness caused by the death of his mate, Fey shapeshifter Rain Tairen Soul nearly destroyed the world in a blaze of tairen fire.
Now, a thousand years later, the fierce Fey king must fight to save his race from the brink of extinction and once again stop the evil rising in the homeland of his enemies, the Eld. The key to his success lies in the mortal city of Celieria, where the Mage Wars began, and with a young woman whose soul sings to him in ways no woman’s ever has, whose presence reawakens the primal fury of the tairen within his soul, and whose vast, untapped power can either save or destroy him and his people.
** LEGAL FOLDEROL **
Regarding purchase links below, FTC regulations now require me to disclose that as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases when you follow my Amazon purchase links. (And if you DO follow my Amazon links, I really, really appreciate it!) The other links might also earn me a little dosh from qualifying purchases, just FYI. (Not that they have so far, but I always live in hope!)
|Published:||September 28, 2010|
- "This debut will draw you into a magical weave of Spirit and Air that won't release you until the last word is read."~Jessica Stachowski, Bookseller, The World's Biggest Bookstore in The World's Biggest Bookstore's Sci-Fi Newsletter, Lord of the Fading Lands
- "Wilson's prose is tight, balancing action, romance, magic and simple humanity! This is a book worth taking a weekend vacation solely for the purposes of reading it."~SB Sarah, Smart Bitches, A-, Lord of the Fading Lands
- "This series should have great appeal for fans of fantasy!" ~Publisher's Weekly
- "Worthy of a six star designation, Lord of the Fading Lands launches the career of C. L. Wilson who will no doubt soon be joining the ranks of the bestselling romance authors."~Leslie Tramposch, ParaNormal Romance (PNR), Six Stars, Lord of the Fading Lands
- "You will be transported into a fantasyland of shape shifters, fey, magicians, suspense and intrigue that will leave you craving the second installment"~Tammie King, Night Owl Romance, Reviewer Top Pick, Lord of the Fading Lands
- "I have found my book of the year. Maybe even my book of the decade! This is a book that you will not be able to put down. A+" ~Sandy Marlow, The Good, The Bad, The Unread, Lord of the Fading Lands
- "Lord of the Fading Lands makes a fabulously solid and lasting impression. A valiant dying race, magical and majestic tairen, and a touching romance between the two people one expects to be keys in future battle against encroaching darkness will keep readers entranced." ~Lil, Loves Romances and More, Five Hearts, Lord of the Fading Lands
- "I'm enchanted by the magic that C.L. Wilson weaves with this stunning tale!"~Dark Huntress, Realms on our Bookshelves Reviewer, 4.5 Realms Stars, Realms Shooting Star Award, Lord of the Fading Lands
- "Wilson's first novel skillfully combines elements of romance, court intrigue, and epic drama."~Library Journal, Lord of the Fading Lands
- "A stunning romantic fantasy debut! Very highly recommended." ~Leslie Tramposch, PNR (ParaNormal Romance)
- "I'm enchanted by the magic C.L. Wilson weaves with this stunning tale." Leontine Roodakker, Realms on our Bookshelves online review site
- " A truly impressive debut! C. L. Wilson is an author to keep an eye on!" ~Kristin Smith, Borders Romance Expert, Lord of the Fading Lands
- "C.L. Wilson could possibly be the best new author in the fantasy genre for 2007 and beyond." ~Kate Garrabrant, Romance Reviews Today, Lord of the Fading Lands
- "Beautifully written and extremely seductive, Lord of the Fading Lands weaves a spell around its readers much as the Fey weave spells of their own! The term Recommended Read doesn't come close to describing how much I loved reading Lord of the Fading Lands."~Amelia, Joyfully Reviewed, Lord of the Fading Lands
- "Lord of the Fading Lands kept me up at 2 in the morning in the end I was captivated and slavering for more." ~Jane, DearAuthor.com, Lord of the Fading Lands
- "Men, do not let this series pass you by. This series will enthrall you, even against your will. (Just ask my husband!) I cannot recommend this story highly enough! OUTSTANDING!" ~Detra Fitch, Huntress Reviews, Five Stars, Lord of the Fading Lands
- "C.L. Wilson's Lord of the Fading Lands is a book you do not want to miss!" ~Sandra Marlow, Historical Romance Club, Five Stars, HRC Reviewer's Choice, Lord of the Fading Lands
- "A fascinating tale with a solid premise of a dying race, which will bring plenty of fans to this debut, who also will eagerly look forward to the sequel." ~Harriett Klausner Book Reviews, Lord of the Fading Lands
- "I really loved this story. It had everything I love in a great book - Romance, magic, fantasy and a HOT hero! I hope the author is a fast writer or I might go through book withdrawal." ~Melanie, Enchanting Reviews, Lord of the Fading Lands
- "Deftly laced with a generous dash of magic and fairy-tale charm, C.L. Wilson's exquisitely written romantic fantasy debut will dazzle readers with its richly imaginative story." ~John Charles, Chicago Tribune, Lord of the Fading Lands
- "C. L. Wilson's exquisitely written romantic fantasy debut will dazzle readers with its richly imaginative story" ~Chicago Tribune, Lord of the Fading Lands
- "A whole new world, full of magic, myths and well-drawn characters that will make you care, and want to know what happens next! Highly recommended." ~Belen Alcat, Amazon Reviewer
- "Readers will be swept away!" ~Paula, reviewer for A Romance Review, Five Roses, Lord of the Fading Lands
- Lord of the Fading Lands finaled in the 2008 Georgia Romance Writers Published Maggies Award for Excellence in the Fantasy, Sci Fi, Futuristic category.
- Lord of the Fading Lands won the 2008 Desert Rose Golden Quill Award in the Fantasy, Sci Fi, Futuristic category.
- Lord of the Fading Lands won the 2008 Colorado Romance Writers Award of Excellence, Published Author Contest in the Paranormal/Time Travel/Fantasy/Futuristic category.
- Lord of the Fading Lands finaled in the 2008 Beacon Contest - Published Division in the Paranormal, Fantasy, Sci Fi category.
- Lord of the Fading Lands finaled in the Heart of Denver Romance Writers 2008 Aspen Gold Readers Choice Award in the paranormal category.
- Lord of the Fading Lands won the 2007 Wisconsin RWA's Write Touch Award in the Best Paranormal/Fantasy category.
- Lord of the Fading Lands won the 2007 Michelle Buonfiglio on Romance: B(u)y the Book at LifetimeTV.com Award for Best Paranormal Romance Debut.
- Lord of the Fading Lands won the 2007 ParaNormal Excellence Award for Best Debut Author in Romantic Literature(PEARL).
- Lord of the Fading Lands won the 2007 National Readers' Choice Award for Best First Book.
- Lord of the Fading Lands won the 2007 National Readers' Choice Award for Best Paranormal/Fantasy Romance.
- The Lord of the Fading Lands finaled in the 2007 ForeWord Magazine's Book of the Year in the Best Romance Novel category.
- Lord of the Fading Lands was awarded the 2007 Best Fantasy Romance Award by the reviewers at Romance Reviews Today.
|The German translation of Lord of the Fading Lands, retitled Im Bann des ElfenkÃ¶nigs (The Curse of the Elf King), is published by Bastei LÃ¼bbe (Bastei Verlag). It is available in both paperback and ebook editions.